This week we continue our series are we share our key scripture from II Timothy 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and a sound mind.”
We then began to share “10 Truths Towards Tenacity”:
- Tenacious people don’t’ waste time feeling sorry for themselves (Rom. 8:31).
- Tenacious people don’t hand the reigns of their emotional well-being to another (Phil. 4:4)
- Tenacious people embrace change (Ps. 55:19)
- Tenacious people don’t waste energy on things they can’t control (Phil. 2:14).
- Tenacious people are not people pleasers (Prov. 29:25).
- Tenacious people are courageous (Joshua 1:6-9).
- Tenacious people let go of the past (Phil. 3:13-14)
- Tenacious people never resent other’s success (Rom. 12:15).
- Tenacious people just don’t quit (Prov. 24:16).
Here the Bible tells us, “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again; but the wicked shall fall into mischief.” If you have fallen don’t be like the old lady on the commercial, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.” Remember this: Victory is simply getting up one more time than you’ve fallen!
We began sharing with you “6 Facets to Fail Forward”:
- Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
This week we continue with…
2. Failing is an act. Failure is an attitude. Just because you failed, does not mean you are a failure!
3. If you have fallen…pick something up while you’re down there.
4. You are either winning or you are learning.
Here at the Frease household we never lose. We either win or we learn. My son is now 13! He loves to play basketball. He already has more skills than I do, but I can still beat him because I am 6’2” (“tall” comes in handy when you’re playing basketball!) After I beat him I always tell him, “Son, we are either winning or we’re learning. Figure out a way to overcome ‘tall’.” I know my day is coming because he is growing like a weed. Then I’ll be the one doing all the learning!
Next week we will continue in our series.