We have many reasons to celebrate this month – like wrapping up this amazing series!
For many months we have shared with you our key verse for this series found in Hebrews 11:6, “For without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
From there we shared three very important takeaways:
- Notice the word “cometh”. The Greek tense for the word “cometh” is in the continual tense, meaning it is discussing those who continually come to God. It could read “those that cometh and cometh and cometh to God”. It describes a continual, communicative relationship.
- When we continually come to God, we must believe that “He IS”…not He was or He will be. That describes a vast majority of the Body of Christ. “God did a miracle in Biblical days” or “One day when we all get to Heaven, He will heal then.” God is not the Great I was or the Great I will be…He IS the Great I AM!
- He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Now we’ve left behind three quarters of the Body of Christ. Most don’t believe He is a rewarder…most believe He is a taker!
Then we gave you 4 View Verifications:
- How you view Him will determine how much you come to Him.
- How you view Him is how you will treat others.
- How you view Him will determine your outlook on life.
- How you view Him will determine your destiny.
Then we began to discuss 11 Characteristics concerning the Character of God:
- You can’t create God in your own image (Rom. 1:25).
- Heaven yes…Hell no!
- Sin ruins the view
- Will the real God please stand up? (John 10:10)
- Jesus the transition (Heb. 1:3)
- It is finished (John 19:30, Rom. 6:14)
- Stupid is as stupid does (James 1:13-17)
- Don’t assign the blame…get into the game (John 9:1-4).
- God wants you to live on “easy” street (Matt. 25:24-26).
- God is not mad at you (II Cor. 5:17-21).
- How does God respond to you after you’ve sinned? (Luke 15:11-32)
Before we wrap up this series please allow me to give you six prodigal principles:
- It’s not what you do when you sin that counts. It’s what you do after you sin that counts.
- Don’t run from God…run to Him!
- When you confess it is not when He found out about it.
- Admit it! Quit it! Forget it!
- Don’t nurse it or rehearse it…disperse it!
- Learn from it, laugh at it and let it go!
This is the true character and nature of God.
Your God is not a car-wrecking, cancer-causing Creator…but a loving, life-giving Lord!!
Join us next week as we begin our best new series yet…