JOY CHURCH CORE VALUES
“Core values” are simply a declaration of what we believe to be vital at Joy Church International. “Core values” are similar to the divider lines on the road…they help keep us on track and remind us when we get out of bounds. “Core values” can be analogized to a river bank…they don’t impede the flow of ministry, but they do guide it in a certain direction.
1. Developing a personal, vibrant, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. (Phil. 3:10)
- The degree to which you can make God known is limited only by the degree to which you know Him!
- Destiny comes through intimacy!
2. Personal and Ministerial Integrity. (Ps. 26:11)
- God is more interested in what you are becoming than what you are doing!
- A man’s character is always more important than his gift.
- Character is the foundation of all respect.
- Charisma draws, but character keeps!
- The standard of character is the Word of God…The substance of character is our response to it.
3. Biblically based and Balanced Teaching. (II Tim. 3:16-17)
- Never add to the Bible lest you offend man.
- Never take away from the Bible lest you offend God (Prov. 30:5-6).
4. Strengthening the entire Family. (Gen. 18:19)
- Strong families comprise strong churches.
- Abraham’s ability to bless the nations was dependent on his ability to bless his family.
- Our light will never shine brighter than it does at home!
5. Developing the Divine Dreams, Destiny and Potential of each Individual. (Phil. 1:25)
- God has called us to be “dream builders”!
- We always endeavor to see the oak tree in every acorn
- People already know who they are…we endeavor to speak to who they could be!
- What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you!
6. Atmosphere of Affirmation. (Prov. 12:25)
- We desire to always leave you lifted!
- We desire less boasting and more boosting!
- We desire the church to be based on showing people how much God loves them!
- After all, “God loves you as if you were the only person in the world to love!”
7. Developing Leader. (Acts 1:15, Josh 24:31)
- You were born to lead, but you must become a leader.
- Never lead to be somebody, lead to help somebody.
- Leadership begins with a simple decision to pay the price and ends the moment you stop paying it.
- To grow a church…grow a leader!
8. Enjoy the Journey. (Prov. 17:22, Ps. 118:24, Acts 20:24)
- Since the journey is much longer than the destination…you better learn to enjoy it!
- Fun leads to enjoyment, which leads to participation.
- If you enjoy what you are doing